My client is a world renowned FTSE100 organisation based in Stockport. They are currently seriously ramping up their headcount due to a number of exciting new projects coming through. You will be working closely with developers and, of course, the QA team to continue their stirling work, so the ability to communicate with multiple areas of the business is key. My client is looking for talented manual and/or automation testers to join their expert team.
- Test deliverables are fit for purpose. Ensure it satisfies requirements and functions as expected.
- Understand and test using business processes relating to deliverables, facilitating evaluation of fit for purpose.
- Adhere to Test and Release process for all testing engagements
- Work alongside application support to help with defect replication and analysis
- Produce testing documentation in line with Testing Policy and signed off artefact usage. This will include producing items such as Test Plans, Test Approaches and Test Summary Reports to support the testing.
- Plan and undertake risk based regression testing where appropriate.
- Produce testing reports / metrics to communicate testing progress to stakeholders
- Liaise with Project Managers and User Acceptance Testing staff to ensure adequate levels of test coverage are achieved
- Be aware of business processes potentially impacted by the release of deliverable in test. Raise awareness where negative impact potential
- Where deemed appropriate by QA Manager deputise as main liaison for queries on Test and Release items
- Mentor / Assist testing staff where necessary.
- Produce testing estimates so that resourcing can be planned effectively
- Reports issues / defect using appropriate tool / mechanism
- Where deemed appropriate act as defect manager on projects where Test Lead
- Use automated testing framework and tools to implement and maintain automated test suites
- Write integration tests from technical documentation
- Use SQL skills to write statements and manipulate data.
- Requirements gathering
- Manual integration testing
- Automated testing of web services using tool e.g. SOAP UI
- Plan, estimate and review test automation strategy on a project basis
- Work with QA manager to develop automation processes
- Designing test cases, both manual and automated to cover new functionality being developed
- Coordinating the execution of manual and automated test cases
- Reporting and managing defects through to successful resolution
To be considered for the role & find out more, please do get in touch.
Capita IT Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita IT Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Transfer of information overseas
Your information may be shared with subsidiaries of Capita plc who are involved in carrying out functions related to the services administration including such subsidiaries which are outside the EEA in countries which do not have similar protections in place regarding the information and its use. We shall ensure that any such subsidiary has put in place proper security measures to ensure at least the same level of protection of the personal data as is required under UK data protection legislation.