BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT manager| UNITED KINGDOM
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager, based flexibly in the UK, to drive the growth and success of our Software Quality Assurance & Testing capabilities, BI, data management/migration and programme/project management. The role will be aligned to vertical sectors; and although experience in particular verticals is not essential, a background in the public sector or utilities would be of particular interest. This role will be 100% new business and will operate with strong support from dedicated functions in marketing, lead generation, bid management and pre-sales.
THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify end customer organisations within the designated sectors and markets that may need Capita's services.
- Sales engagement including the full lifecycle of the sales process from lead discovery, development, closure and delivery:
- Manage the sales engagement process with end customers
- Develop strategies to manage the sales process that take into account procurement process, regulatory issues, organisational politics and key drivers for procurement.
- Work with pre-sales and the Professional Services team to develop pre-sales opportunities.
- Take charge and respond to approved RFI, RFP, and Invitations to Tender
- Build a qualified business pipeline of short, medium and long term opportunities
- Maintain accurate sales data in Salesforce
- Secure the sale with the customer and work towards successful delivery of the solution with delivery managers and other relevant internal parties
- Contribute to the development of new services based on market observations.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
You must be able to work with little supervision within defined qualification criteria and to contribute to the development of a robust sales capability. This role requires a person who has drive, self-confidence, accuracy and the ability to achieve profitable results. The person fulfilling this role should be self-starting, competitive, imaginative, enthusiastic, self-confident, inspiring, logical, systematic and precise. The ability to communicate with others and work within well-defined parameters, whilst at the same retaining standards and making things happen quickly are integral to the position.
- A proficient networker, you will be confident and comfortable with engaging at all levels of client organisations. It goes without saying that your presentation, demeanour and professionalism will be second to none
- Must have their predominant experience in selling pure IT services (rather than product or services related to a product)
- Track record of winning or delivering substantial profitable, sustainable deals
- Experience of shaping client requirements and developing business cases
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets over a number of years
- Record of collaboration with delivery teams to shape, sell and maintain deals
WHO WE ARE:
Capita plc is the UK's leading provider of business process management. We're listed on the London Stock Exchange and we deliver client, administration and professional support services throughout the UK, Europe and India.
Capita works in both the public and private sectors, re-engineering client operations by delivering unique and cost-effective services that provide better experiences for organisations and their customers. We don't just design these services, we deliver them.
Capita IT Professional Services applies technology to drive through secure business change. We design innovative end-to-end solutions to ensure that your business programmes deliver what you need while maximising quality, reducing risk and cost.
We offer a wide range of professional services:
- Business and technical consulting - ensuring your programmes deliver the anticipated results, helping you to build and maintain a competitive advantage
- Cyber-security - providing you with the full range of security services across management, compliance and testing
- Data management and analytics -supporting enterprise-wide data lifecycle requirements across all your services
- Governance and assurance - delivering complex programmes of work to ensure your business is in line with industry regulations
- Project, programme and portfolio management - assessing and improving programme and project management across your business
- Software testing - delivering the full range of functional and non-functional testing services as well as a range of Cloud-based testing solutions
Capita IT Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita IT Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Transfer of information overseas
Your information may be shared with subsidiaries of Capita plc who are involved in carrying out functions related to the services administration including such subsidiaries which are outside the EEA in countries which do not have similar protections in place regarding the information and its use. We shall ensure that any such subsidiary has put in place proper security measures to ensure at least the same level of protection of the personal data as is required under UK data protection legislation.