Experienced backend developers required by our leading client in Cheshire, primarily skilled on Java server side (Java and Spring) with knowledge of client side development (JS, Jquery, Angular,Ajax).
Role and responsibilities:
- Working in scrum teams delivering technical stories within 2 weekly sprint cycles.
- Responsible for story based design, development & local test and adherence to all coding standards
- Responsible for high quality code that achieves consistent SQALE A rating with no technical debt within SonarQube
- Expected to contribute strongly in all agile ceremonies (planning / stand-ups / retros etc) to ensure high velocity is maintained.
- Expected to be supportive within the team, both technically and culturally, to help achieve all targets set within sprint plans
Technical Skills Required:
- Strong experience of developing applications using Java 7/8 / JEE
- Strong experience using Spring 3/4 (including knowledge across Core Spring Framework, and if possible Spring Boot)
- Strong webservice development experience using REST / SOAP
- Strong technical knowledge of Hibernate / JPA
- Strong understanding of OO Designing and Programming Techniques and associated concepts, Data Modeling, Design Patterns
- Strong understanding of TDD with extensive experience of automated unit testing (e.g. JUnit) using mock object frameworks.
- Knowledge of SQL, Major RDBMS (e.g. Oracle)
- Knowledge of SCM tools like GIT / Perforce
- IDE - RAD/ Eclipse, IntelliJ
- Knowledge of tools like SonarQube, Jenkins, Jprofiler, Maven, Gradle etc
- Knowledge of continuous integration
- Beneficial skills would be knowledge around Event Driven Architecture & Domain Driven Design
Capita IT Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita IT Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Transfer of information overseas
Your information may be shared with subsidiaries of Capita plc who are involved in carrying out functions related to the services administration including such subsidiaries which are outside the EEA in countries which do not have similar protections in place regarding the information and its use. We shall ensure that any such subsidiary has put in place proper security measures to ensure at least the same level of protection of the personal data as is required under UK data protection legislation.