My client is a fast growing strategic digital agency based in Newcastle. They are currently looking for talented UX Designers to grow an already world class team.
My client is looking for Junior, Midweight AND Senior UX Designers to work on a multitude of cross platform assignments including a number of ground-breaking, visionary projects. As a User Experience Designer you will propose solutions for web-based applications and digital strategies which balance user needs with business goals and technological capabilities.
As a UX Designer your responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Assisting other members of the UX team in key project tasks (on large scale projects) such as workshop planning and preparation, sketching/ideation sessions, desk-research, competitor research, deliverable creation.
- Confident working independently and being the UX lead on smaller UX projects where you would be expected to participate in workshops, take requirements and design challenges and suggest the best solution, conduct basic user research (detailed later), document interactions for development.
- Work in close collaboration with project teams to understand constraints and opportunities e.g. technical. As well as challenging and assessing other team deliverables.
- Provide design rationale which supports design decisions based on usability, HCI and accessibility principles as well as research by yourself and others.
- Capable of planning, conducting and analysing basic user research such as 1-2-1 usability testing, guerrilla and remote usability testing research.
- Maintaining quality of work throughout project cycles and ensuring the original requirements are carried through.
- Aid with team resource creation and internal UX community by sharing knowledge.
This is a hands-on learning role, therefore supporting other members of the UX team (shadowing and contributing) as well as your own self study are key in establishing yourself as a UX Designer. You must be highly self-motivated and driven to learn about the vast range of disciplines within User Experience.
Experience must include;
- Ideally have a degree or relevant experience in design, HCI, research, multimedia, product design, web development or any related field achieving a 2:1 or 1st.
- A passion about the latest trends and best practices in interactive experiences across a variety of mediums with a strong desire for innovation.
- Self-motivation and self-managing and able to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Attention to detail with a pragmatic and enthusiastic attitude to work.
- A passion for learning and specialising in this field.
- Desirable: Experience with any or all of InDesign, Axure RP and Google Analytics.
To take advantage and be considered for this truly unique opportunuity, please do
Capita IT Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita IT Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Transfer of information overseas
Your information may be shared with subsidiaries of Capita plc who are involved in carrying out functions related to the services administration including such subsidiaries which are outside the EEA in countries which do not have similar protections in place regarding the information and its use. We shall ensure that any such subsidiary has put in place proper security measures to ensure at least the same level of protection of the personal data as is required under UK data protection legislation.