My client is a world recognised and fast growing ecommerce/retail organisation. They are currently opening their doors for a designer/developer to join their expert team. This is a full-time, permanent role that offers continuous rotation within digital design; web design and front-end development. More on this below!
During each rotation, you will have a mentor who will help you to develop your practical and theoretical skills in that area. You will also have a Personal Development Plan (PDP) to help you to develop core behavioural competencies (listed at the end of this job description.) You will gain experience working in a creative and branding team in a fast-moving ecommerce environment.
My client is looking for someone who is passionate, eager to learn and driven first and foremost. You will be strong in either Design or Front End Development (or ideally both) and will be at the forefront of multitude of cutting edge projects while gaining vast amounts of knowledge on the job, growing your skillset and future prospects.
- Digital and web design. Design for least two of the following areas. digital; motion; UX; web; email.
- Front-end development. Develop simple, fast, standards-compliant, browser based static and responsive designs.
- Usability and accessibility. Produce output that is easy and intuitive for all customers to use, demonstrating a basic understanding of current web standards.
- User experience. Understand the customer; employ logical and analytical thinking; demonstrate the importance of consistent customer experience and view each job or channel as part of an overall whole.
- Presentation skills. Use prototypes, designs, wireframes, and other presentation material to present your work to colleagues and/or business partners.
- Brand guardianship. Ensure that all work adheres to my clients brand guidelines.
- Meet business objectives. Understand what business owners are asking for, and translate that into commercial, powerful, creative solutions. Act in the best interests of my client and its customers at all times.
- Web design. Basic WYSIWYG software skills.
- Web development. Basic hand coding skills; advanced WYSIWYG software skills.
- All. Up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, and platform and software capabilities.
- All. Basic understanding of design theory and structure, in particular layout, type, colour, formatting, semiotics and information design.
- All. Basic image editing skills, including optimisation, isolating, resizing and retouching
- All. Able to concept and present ideas effectively. Web developer. Basic content management and curation skills, including use of XML editors, text editors and CMS.
- All. Able to output 'pixel-perfect designs' across multiple browsers. Digital design. Basic technical proficiency in motion design software.
- All. Basic technical proficiency in Adobe digital design software, including Photoshop, Fireworks, Experience Design and Dreamweaver.
- All. Basic understanding of media queries; responsive and adaptive design.
- All. Basic, up-to-date knowledge of best practice for web, email and mobile communications, including accessibility (WCAG 2.0), usability, search engine optimisation and information architecture.
- All. Basic, up-to-date working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Digital design. Basic responsive email design and coding using templates (service emails, Top Offers, voucher landing pages etc).
- Web development. Content management and asset management, including use of XML text editors and CMS and image libraries.
- Web design. Basic landing page, microsite, event and shop-in-shop design, skinning and coding using templates.
- All. Banner design and coding (animated)
- All. Banner design (static)
- All. Banner design and coding (HTML)
- All. Basic digital artworking; turn a design scamp into a digital-ready layout; make marked-up text corrections; run a spellcheck.
- All. Basic image editing, including optimisation, colour correction, isolating, resizing and retouching.
- All. Basic landing page layout using templates.
- All. Create images (Photoshop / Illustrator).
- All. Creating variants for testing.
- All. Material for user testing.
- All. Basic design and code changes (voucher changes, etc).
- All. Site updates and builds, including blog updates.
To be considered for this truly unique opportunity, please do get in touch with your CV and portfolio.
Capita IT Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita IT Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Transfer of information overseas
Your information may be shared with subsidiaries of Capita plc who are involved in carrying out functions related to the services administration including such subsidiaries which are outside the EEA in countries which do not have similar protections in place regarding the information and its use. We shall ensure that any such subsidiary has put in place proper security measures to ensure at least the same level of protection of the personal data as is required under UK data protection legislation.